Advanced Thermal Products is proud of the work we have done with Navy vessels. There is no other Thermal Insulation company that pays as much attention to detail than ATP’s MarineWrap! The end result is a system that performs as well as it looks.
Thermal insulation, also known as Lagging, has been used in the marine industry for years to help diesel engines run at their peak and to reduce temperatures in the engine room.
Though very useful, Lagging also has its drawbacks. Most is very laborious to remove and replace, is bulky, is messy and comes in many pieces.
Standard insulation systems do not perform well at elevated temperatures. On the high performance engines that are used frequently, like those of the Navy, insulation wraps often need to be replaced sooner than need be.
Advanced Thermal Products’ MarineWrap® is the remedy to many of the drawbacks associated with traditional lagging. MarineWrap® performs at temperatures well above 1100° and can reduce surface temperatures by as much as 1000° F. This kind of performance eliminates burn threat and greatly reduces ambient room temperatures. There is no other insulation system that holds up better to the long-term effects of heat.
ATP MarineWrap® insulation blankets are able to operate in the highest temperatures in the industry because we use only the highest quality materials. Advanced Thermal Products uses proprietary technology to achieve greater performance, without the bulk; standard MarineWrap® blankets are just 1” thick – especially convenient when trying to install blankets in confined areas where there are clearance difficulties.
ATP uses the latest in 3D CAD (Computer Aided Design) technology to achieve a consistent tight fit with fewer pieces. Where possible, we will combine 3-5 pieces and incorporate them into one custom piece. Aside from making installation easier, it also reduces weak spots and inefficiencies.
Our passion for the Marine Industry is no coincidence. ATP’s president, Tim Thompson, served our country in the Vietnam War. His 10 years of duty in the United States Navy has given him specialized knowledge of the requirements of sea vessels and military procedures. His personal dedication to U.S. Military Vessels, from design work to final inspection, is reflected in each blanket we produce.
Today, you will find ATP’s MarineWrap® installed on vessels throughout the world, protecting crewmembers and helping to maximize engine performance.
- Since 1972, Advanced Thermal Products, Inc. has been the industry leader in innovative design and technology
- An extensive warranty on all high-temperature products (click on Warranty above to review)
- MarineWrap is UL/CUL classified with all of our ‘Softblanket’ products
- Manufactured to your specifications, utilizing 3D CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) techniques and ultra-precise, computerized cutting tables
- We use only the highest quality materials, from high temperature fabrics to fiberglass and ceramic insulation materials, which remain pliable under the most severe conditions
- Significantly reduces fire hazard
- Maintenance friendly; simple to install, remove, and replace
- Easily cleaned with non-abrasive cleaning agents
- Attractive “glove-fit” designs dramatically improve engine room appearance
- Significantly reduces temperatures within engine compartment
- Short turn-around to manufacture
- We keep costs down by offering our product direct to you from our factory in Santa Ana, California
Optional spring closure systems cut installation time in half, freeing up time for more productive activities.
Advanced Thermal Products, Inc. is proud to have been awarded the contract to provide the thermal insulation (lagging) for the Navy’s new LPD-17 Amphibious Transport Dock Class. These new vessels use the MAN B&W/Fairbanks Morse P2.5 main engines, which generate heat that most insulation cannot bear. MarineWrap is constructed using the highest grade materials available and is ideal for the Navy’s high performance needs